Entre os dias 6 e 12 de Fevereiro de 2012, o Espaço T acolheu o intercâmbio juvenil “Moving Bodies”.
Summary of the project
With this project, “Moving Bodies”, an youth exchange organized by Espaço T and hosted in Porto – Portugal, we want to present to the participants the use of dance and corporal expression as an inclusion tool and also propose new ways on using it on their lives and cultural / occupational activities. We also want to work on new concepts like “site specific” or dance-therapy. By this way, we want to increase the European awareness between the young participants and present them to other cultures and traditions and the importance of discovering them and the many ways to apply that knowledge to their daily life. We will have 4 countries represented, Portugal (the host country), Spain, Greece and Czech Republic. Each country will send 4 participants and 1 group leader in a total of 16 participants plus 4 group leaders. The activities will consist of daily workshops and work sessions, meetings with the community and partner organizations, debates and daily evaluation sessions with group leaders.
Objectivos / Objectives
“Moving Bodies” surge da necessidade de abordar novas ferramentas de trabalho. Em contacto com alguns dos nossos parceiros, a questão da utilização da dança como ferramenta em contexto de trabalho com jovens era sistematicamente repetida. Como utilizar esta forma de arte ao trabalhar com jovens, em especial destaque jovens com deficiências (físicas e/ou mentais) ou oriundos/as de meios desfavorecidos. Desde o início do ano 2007 temos vindo a desenvolver actividades com grupos de jovens ao abrigo do Programa Escolhas e estas questões são cada vez mais prementes, em especial para os/as jovens oriundos/as de diferentes etnias.
“Moving Bodies” emerge from the need to approach new work tools. After contacts with some of our partners the issue of using dance as a tool in youth work was systematically mentioned. How to use this art form in youth work, specially with youngsters with special needs or coming from difficult environments. Since 2007 we were developing activities with young groups in programs such as “Escolhas”and this questions were becoming more and more important.
Primeiro dia / First day
- Espaço T and its working model
- Debate 1: Dance in an inclusion model at Europe today
- Moment for groups presentation and mixing
Segundo dia / Second day
- Workshop 1: Dance use in a therapeutic context
- Workshop 2: Dance Europe – Corporal Expression Techniques and Practical Exercises
- Meeting 1: RADAR 360º – Open rehearsal and project presentation
Terceiro dia / Third day
- Meeting 2: S. João National Theatre – National Theatre and educational activities presentation.
Quarto dia / Fourth day
- Meeting 3: NEC – Núcleo de Experimentação Coreográfica Project presentation
- Meeting 4: Guimarães 2012 – European Capital of Culture
- Intercultural Party
Quinto dia / Fifth day
- Workshop 3: Ethnic Dance Techniques
- Theatre show “OVO” – Teatro de Marionetas do Porto
Sexto dia / Sixth day
- Workshop 4: Site-Specific – Improvisation in a non-formal location. “Europe: yesterday, today and tomorrow”
- Meeting 5: NAPALM – Project presentation